Wednesday 26 November 2014

Decaying Natural Forms

These photos have been taken for my natural forms project at AS Level.
They represent the process of decay, as Summer comes to a close and the Autumn and Winter months arrive.

My interpretation of flowers decaying
Edited version of the collage above, reflecting the attitudes and colour schemes that I imagine when I think of the process of decaying and death of natural forms

The photos are relevant to my work because in the project I am expressing the different colours, shapes and sizes, and the attitudes towards the appearance of flower throughout the course of it deteriorating.
Jake Muirhead artwork
As an inspiration of my work, I looked at Jake Muirhead's artwork and liked the idea of using dark tones and plain backgrounds as it portrays the significance of the process and enhances the focus of the piece. Muirhead's artwork has influenced the colour scheme of the Autumn/Winter seasons in my project and has shown me that imperfect lines and edges reflect the sharp, bitterness of the process in which natural forms deteriorate.

No comments:

Post a Comment